AGENDA – WEDNESDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2019
COCA-COLA ARENA, DUBAI
08.45 Registration, Refreshments & Networking
09.15 Introduction from INTERACT & the Forum Moderator
Sally Corander, MD, INTERACT
Moderator: Chris McHardy, Sports Presenter, Arabian Radio Network
09.25 Welcome Speech and Dubai Sports Council Update
Khalid Al Awar, Head of Events, Dubai Sports Council
Attended by: H.E. Saeed Hareb, Secretary General, Dubai Sports Council
09.40 International Keynote Interview
Securing ROI through Sports Sponsorship and Brand Activation
A wonderful opportunity to hear from one of the founding fathers of sports marketing! Alan Pascoe walks us through his time as chief of two global agencies, from the critical commercial deals which saved British Athletics after it went into bankruptcy, through to the evolving priorities of brands investing in sport globally.
During an anecdotal second half of the interview, Alan will also talk us through what it meant to be part of the team that secured the Olympic & Paralympic Games in London in 2012.
Credited with pioneering sports marketing in the UK, Alan Pascoe has created two world leading agencies from scratch – API and CSM. Formerly an international athlete, he won medals at the Commonwealth Games, European Championships and Olympic Games.
Alan was Vice-Chairman of London’s 2012 bid for the Olympic & Paralympic Games – has served as a member of the Sports Council, BBC Advisory Board, various Ministerial commissions and was awarded an MBE for his contribution to sport.
Alan Pascoe MBE, Founder, CSM Sport & Entertainment, and former Vice-Chairman, London Olympics 2012 Bid Committee
10.10 Video from Forum Partner: Wicked
10.15 Regional Keynote Interview
Exploring Opportunities in Sport in Saudi Arabia – Our ‘Vision 2030’ Blueprint for Sport
• How GSA prioritises spending on sports properties and infrastructure
• Diversity and inclusion in sport to bring sports to all and add value to citizens, residents and visitors
• Encouraging the private sector to contribute to development of the sports sector in Saudi Arabia
Dr. Heidi Alaudeen Alaskary, Acting Deputy Planning and Development, General Sport Authority (GSA), and Acting CEO, Special Olympics Saudi Arabia
10.45 Exclusive Coca-Cola Arena Tour
Short Introduction Before Tour
Guy Ngata, CEO, Coca-Cola Arena
Tour of Coca-Cola Arena
Led by: Tom Bushell, Media Manager, Coca-Cola Arena
11.00 Refreshment Break & Networking
11.30 Video from Forum Partner: Flash Entertainment
11.35 Panel Discussion: UAE Pro League Panel Discussion
A New Strategy for Fan Engagement and Fan Retention
Find out how the league and its sponsors work together to improve fan engagement and increase spectatorship.
• Rebrand of PLC to UAE Pro League and the impact of UAE Pro League’s new fan engagement and retention strategy
• Why sponsors invest in UAE pro football, how they contribute to fan engagement and what the UAE Pro League is doing to help activate sponsorships
• New technologies and concepts at the forefront of this strategy
Waleed Al Hosani, CEO, UAE Pro League
Building Community Engagement
Flash Entertainment have led and worked on some of the largest marquee sports events in the UAE, including the FIFA Club World Cup, the AFC Asian Cup 2019 and the Special Olympics World Games 2019.
• Creating best-in-class content for sports fans in the UAE by understanding how content is consumed
• Delivering value to brands and partners
• Exploring a long-term partnership and how stakeholders work together to achieve a broad set of objectives
Alexis Dijksterhuis, VP Business Development, Flash Entertainment
12.10 Community Sponsorship Interview
Earning the Right to do Business in our Communities by Encouraging Healthy Activity
Most of us know about the Spinneys Dubai 92 Cycle Challenge, the largest community bike race in the UAE. But did you know main sponsor Spinneys recently purchased a 51% controlling stake in the event?
Find out why during this discussion with Morne Fourie, their GM of Marketing and Innovation. And discover more on Spinneys’ upcoming plans to, as he puts it, “earn heart space” through community sport in the UAE.
Morne Fourie, General Manager – Marketing & Innovation, Spinneys
12.30 Athlete Interview
Mohammed Balooshi – first Emirati to take part in the Dakar Rally
Red Bull athlete Mohammed Balooshi is a motocross and desert rally rider, and the first Emirati to take part in the Dakar Rally. When he’s not riding, he spends time helping to develop up-and-coming athletes after starting up his own MX academy, using his talent to inspire those around him.
Hear from Mohammed about what it’s like carving out a career in UAE sport and how he secured sponsorship and funding. You’ll also be able to see his bike and medals up close and personal, as well as watch GoPro footage from his desert rallies including the Dakar Rally!
Mohammed Al Balooshi, Red Bull Athlete (Motocross and Desert Rally Rider)
12.50 Roundtable Discussion
How to Build a Valuable Sports Sponsorship Proposition in Dubai
The perfect opportunity to gather with a cross section of Dubai’s sport industry to thrash out a plan for improving your sponsorship proposition for sport in Dubai.
This is a must-attend session for organisations trying to secure or expand business with sponsoring brands, as well as brands looking for ways to embark on value building long-term partnerships with rights holders and agencies.
• Activating sponsorship to achieve business objectives – understanding marketing objectives vs business objectives and how that translates into ROI
• Building a formidable content plan – what branded content and great emotive story-telling can do for you
• Innovative media and marketing strategies – how you should really use social media
• Pricing sensibly for the UAE market
13.30 Feedback Presentations from Moderators on Roundtables
13.40 Closing Remarks from Moderator
13.45 Lunch and Networking
15.00 End of 2019 Forum
The next Sport Industry Forum Dubai will take place on
Wednesday 25 September 2019.
We hope you can join us!
[ REGISTER NOW ]