ABOUT THE SPORT INDUSTRY FORUM
The Sport Industry Forum Abu Dhabi is back!
This year’s forum is officially supported by the Department of Community Development and Department of Culture and Tourism.
150 senior directors working in the business of sport from across the GCC – including government, brands, federations, clubs, rights holders, event organisers and venues – will come together to discuss the challenges we face in our industry, and what we can do collectively to improve the sports sector.
Sports Industry Forum 2022 is back!
15 – 16 November 2022
WB Abu Dhabi by Hilton, Yas Island
We hope you can join us!
[ REGISTER NOW ]
- H.E. Aref Al Awani, General Secretary, Abu Dhabi Sports Council
- H.E. Dr. Omniyat Al Hajeri, Executive Director, Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre, and Vice Chair, Fatima Bit Mubarak Ladies Sports Academy
- H.E. Sulaiman Al Kaabi, Acting Executive Director – Abu Dhabi Branch 1, Emirates Schools Establishment
- Richard Scudamore, former Executive Chairman & CEO, The Premier League
- Shaima Alhusseini, Managing Director, Saudi Sports For All Federation
- Jonathan Emery, CEO, Aldar Development
- Saif Al Nuaimi, CEO, Abu Dhabi Motorsports Management
- John Obi Mikel, former Chelsea FC and Nigerian footballer
- James Bulley, CEO, Trivandi
- Noura Al Dhaheri, Managing Director – Cruise Business, AD Ports Group
- Naser Al Mansoori, Senior Vice President Corporate Affairs & Communications, Daman
- Ross Baxter, Sports Division Manager, Department of Community Development
- Dr. Aysha Al Dhaheri, Section Head – Health Promotion, Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre
- Khawla Barley, Head of Initiatives, Special Olympics UAE
Why are we different?
- We focus on content that is relevant to the region
- We gather passionate decision makers who can effect change in the industry and drive new initiatives in Middle East sport
- We foster an interactive, exclusive event where honest, open discussion and contribution from all participants is encouraged
- We help to shape the industry’s future so that collectively, with the support of the government, we can all work together to ensure a cohesive strategy for sport
Main agenda topics
This year’s Forum will focus on the following Key subjects:
- ‘Sustainably Growing a Sports Business’ by Richard Scudamore, former Executive Chairman and CEO, The Premier League, and Board Member, The Ryder Cup
- UAE’s strategic agenda update: National and emirate-wide efforts to get people active
- Saudi sports focus: Which new opportunities exist in Saudi Arabia?
- Unpacking major brand narratives and how they are driven by sports sponsorship
Who will attend?
Most delegates are guests by invitation only and limited to 150 attendees who are decision makers in sport, Director level and above, including:
- Government officials
- Federations and clubs
- Venue owners and operators
- Rights holders
- Event organisers
Agencies and suppliers can also attend for a registration fee.
What our attendees & partners say about the forums
“The Forum exceeds expectations and Abu Dhabi Sports Council is glad to support it. It is important for the industry to gather together to talk about the opportunities in sport.”
H.E. Aref Al Awani, Secretary General, Abu Dhabi Sports Council
“A wonderful chance to discover from business leaders what they are doing in their respective sports and to learn from their experiences”
Waleed Al Hosani, CEO, UAE Pro League
“The ‘must-attend’ meeting for sport business professionals in the UAE. The one date in the calendar that can not be missed.”
Dr. Sven Rohte, former Chief Commercial Officer, Daman – National Insurance Company